Less Common Metals
The Project Brief
Less Common Metals is a pioneering, global company providing rare earth based alloys and high purity metals, they supply some of the world’s largest magnet manufacturers, who in turn supply some of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers.
When it came to the installation of a new boardroom and meeting room in their UK Head-Quarters in Ellesmere Port, Less Common Metals contacted Piranha AV with the task of fitting their new suite with high-end Audio Visual Systems. The new suite comprised of an elite boardroom and meeting room, along with an adjoining networking area with a central kitchen facility, fit for their world-class clients.
The Piranha Solution
Less Common Metals new boardroom is to act as both a board room and a place to entertain visitors and clients; for this reason the design is sleek, modern and deluxe. In light of this, Piranha’s in-house design team worked to ensure all Audio Visual systems installed matched this level of exclusivity and style.
Key features of the boardroom installation include:
- A Polycom video-conferencing system with echo-cancellation technology
- A large-screen Projector from Panasonic’s business class range
- Connections located in the boardroom table
- An audio visual switcher
- A Crestron wireless touch-screen control panel, utilising Piranha’s one-click system
- Down-lighters for board meetings and up-lighters for entertaining, controlled using the Dali lighting protocol
- A room-occupancy sensor ensuring the room functions economically
- Two complimentary sound systems; multimedia playback speakers and ceiling-mounted speakers for video conferencing
Key features of the meeting room installation include:
- A modern, fixed-frame projection system
- A crestron control system
- A sleek and compact sound system
- Housing of all equipment in the IT department’s central equipment room, in order to minimise clutter
Piranha’s in house team attended site and design meetings prior to any work commencing, and Risk Assessments fully tailored to the project were submitted prior to the engineers starting on site. The nature of this project meant splitting the Audio Visual installation into two stages; meaning we first fixed the cables and metal work and then returned later on to second fix.
This exciting and elite Audio Visual solution was delivered within the specified time period and met each of the client’s specific requirements.